SCHOOL OF INFORMATION SCIENCES
Master of Philosophy in Information Sciences (Information Technology)
Master of Philosophy in Information Sciences (Library and Information Studies)
Master of Philosophy in Information Sciences (Publishing Studies)
Master of Philosophy in Information Sciences (Records and Archives Management)
Entry Requirements for MPhil. Programmes
- Bachelor of Science in Information Sciences degree or its equivalent with at least second class honours.
Duration for all MPhil. Programmes: Two years
Master of Science in Information Sciences
This is a harmonized programme with specializations in five disciplines, namely: Library and Information Studies; IT; Publishing Studies; Journalism and Mass Media, and Records and Archives Management. The programme aims to impart skills in Information Management on graduates who do not have background training in Information Sciences.
- The common regulations applicable for registration for postgraduates' degrees of Moi University shall apply: Bachelors degree or equivalent with at least second class honours.
Doctor of Philosophy in Library and Information Studies
- Masters degree in Information Sciences of Moi University or Masters degree in Information Sciences or closely related discipline from a recognized university.
Duration: Three years. 1st year - course work. 2nd and 3rd years - Thesis.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA-Executive)
This is an Executive programme that is offered to the Business Executives who would like to further their professional and personal development horizon in the business profession. The Executive MBA program offers the following areas of specialization include:-
Finance and Banking, Strategic Management, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Aviation Management.
The programme is intense and challenging but it provides you with a life changing experience in 12 months.
Candidates MUST have a working experience of at least 5 years (Post Qualification) in Senior Management level, PLUS;
- A degree in any discipline from a recognized university OR;
- A holder of complete CPA/CPS Certificate OR;
- Higher National Diploma in Business Studies.
The School may interview prospective candidates in order to establish their eligibility into the programme.
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Master of Public Health Programme (Mph)
- M.B.Ch.B, BSc. Nursing, BSc, in Environment health or lower Second Class Honours Dgree and above in relevant dicipline or its equivalent from Moi University or other recognized Universities.
Areas of Specialization offered include Health Services Management , Epidemiology & Disease Conttrol, Health Promotion, Human Nutrition, Disaster Management & Preparedness.
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
Post Graduate Diploma In Education (Pgde)
- Holders of a Bachelors Degree of Moi University with two relevant teaching subjects or its equivalent.
Executive Master Of Education (M.Med.) Degree In Leadership And Policy In Education
- A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Degree of Moi University or its equivalent
- Must be Principals, Deputy Principals, Heads of Departments of School, Colleges, Institutes of Education, Education Officers or NGO Officers involved in Education or Practitioners with at least 5 years teaching experience in education institutions.
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Postgraduate Diploma in Force Migration
Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations
Postgraduate Diploma in Religious Studies
- Holders of a Bachelors degree with at least a lower second class honors or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Holders of a Bachelors degree with a pass from a recognized university with at least 2 years working experience in related area.
Master of Public Administration (Executive)
- Holders of Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration or related discipline with at least Second Class Honours, Lower Division from Moi University or Institutions recognized by Moi University Senate.
- Holders of a pass degree with Postgraduate Diploma or five years of work experience may be considered.