The Ministry of Health is enrolling for cohort 16 in the Advanced Level Kenya Field Epidemiology Training
Description: The Kenya Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program (FELTP) is an MSc. offered by Moi University in collaboration with Ministry of Health. Its competency based training program that is anchored within the Ministry of Health and supported by Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Kenya FELTP has the mandate of increasing epidemiologic workforce capacity in the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries. The flagship training within Kenya-FELTP is a two year Masters level full-time in-service training in Field Epidemiology. A Master of Science degree in Field Epidemiology will be awarded through Moi University. The Ministry of Health is currently seeking highly motivated health professionals interested in joining this elite cadre of disease detectives, and acquire skills to effectively enhance disease surveillance and outbreak investigations and provide response nationwide.
Training Duration: 24 months, full time
Eligibility: Employees of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries at the National and County Levels
Starting Date: September, 2019
• Minimum two (2) years working experience in Public Health
• A holder of an Upper Second Class Honors Degree in Biological and Health Sciences from an institution recognized by the Commission of Higher Education
• Knowledge in Basic Computer Packages
• Willingness to be potentially deployed outside their current duty station
• Availability to travel nationally and internationally at short-notice
• Must also meet admission requirements for Moi University MSc in Field Epidemiology
• Graduates of FELTP’s Basic or Intermediate Epidemiology Training will have an added advantage
Application: Applicants should download and fill the biodata form on www.feltp.or.ke or www.afenet.net and attach full Curriculum Vitae (CV), a personal statement not longer than 500 words, three (3) references including one from the current supervisor, and mobile telephone contact and email address. County employees must apply through their respective County Directors and/or County Executives in charge of Health and Veterinary Services. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All applications must be received before 5.00 pm on 26th July, 2019, addressed to the attention of the undersigned.
The Principal Secretary
Attn: Director, Human Resources Management and Development, Room 127
Ministry of Health
P.O. BOX 30016