Available for 2020/2021 Academic Year
Application Deadline: Friday 31st January 2020, 5.00 pm.
1. Scholarship Call
Moi University, a public university located in Eldoret Kenya and offering world class training, is pleased to announce Five (5) PhD scholarships under Deutsche Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) funding. DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programmes. The scholarships are tenable for applicants from Kenya and Eastern Africa region to study on full time basis in 2020/2021 academic year which will commence from September 2020. Click here to view the Call for Scholarship Applications for 2020 at Moi University.
2. List of eligible programmes/study fields:
The scholarships are only tenable for PhD in Pure Mathematics.
3. Duration and commencement:
PhD Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of three years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the DAAD provided form.
4. Application Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Pure Mathematics. The Master’s degree must not have been earned more than Six (6) years ago.
- The candidate must meet minimum requirement for admission into PhD programmes as stipulated by Moi University.
- All interested candidates must have a research proposal in the field of Pure Mathematics clearly outlining the relevance of the intended research to regional development.
- Proof of admission into the above stated programme will be an added advantage.
- Moi University is an institution of equal opportunities and, therefore, the following candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarships: female, regional, disadvantaged, marginalized groups and candidates with disabilities.
5. Application Procedure and Deadline:
All applications must be received by Friday 31st January 2020, 5.00 pm.
- Preliminary scholarship selection and notification will be completed by 7th February, 2020
- The pre-selected candidates shall be required to log into the DAAD portal https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal and submit a scholarship application by 15th April 2020.
- Final selection of scholarships shall be carried out by DAAD by Mid-May 2020
All interested candidates can apply by filling in Interest Expression Form that can be downloaded here. The duly filled application form together with relevant testimonials and documents can be returned directly to the Department of Mathematics, posted or emailed so as to reach the Moi University, Department of Mathematics not later than 31st January, 2020. All applications should be addressed to:
Dr. Fredrick Oluoch Nyamwala
Scholarship Contact Person
P.O. Box 3900-030100
Tel. No. +254 702 115 965