The SDSN Kenya, was launched virtually on 24th September 2020 and graced by President of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), Prof. Jeffrey Sachs. Also invited were dignitaries from Government, Academia, CSO and private sector - see Press release and program.
The event was graced by the Director of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and leading economist Prof. Jeffrey Sachs and high-ranking academic and government officials.
SDSN Kenya is hosted by two institutions namely; Center for Public Sector Reforms (CPSR), Moi University and Institute of Diplomacy and International Studies, University of Nairobi.
SDSN Kenya fosters global SDSN activities within Kenya by developing and promoting solutions, policies and public education. The objectives of this network are:
- To mobilize SDSN Members in Kenya and coordinate the activities of SDSN Kenya
- To publicize national, regional and global SDSN activities amongst policy makers, private sector and civil society
- To promote national and regional solutions initiatives
- To coordinate and contribute to the SDSN’s policy support to County and National government in Kenya
- To organize annual regional sustainable development meetings bringing together key stakeholders from Kenya to identify and promote regional solutions initiatives
SDSN Kenya, under the leadership of Moi University and Nairobi University, has a vast array of internal capability and external links ideally placed to assist in promoting and advocating for the SDGs in many sectors that include; business, social inclusion, international development and academia.
What’s more, SDSN Kenya is working on joining the Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI), a partnership between United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, UNESCO, United Nations Environment, UN Global Compact’s Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative, United Nations University (UNU), UN-HABITAT and UNCTAD, which was created in 2012 in the run-up to the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20).
Other Relevant Documents: